Stock Eris 1.5 is not sending all texts.General

Last Updated:

1. MuerteMan

MuerteMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I was texting my friend last night, and suddenly she just stopped replying. I was confused but I didn't think much of it. Then, later, on facebook I was talking to her again, and she said she never got the last two texts that I tried to send. Both the stock messages app, and chompsms say they were sent (I think is there some way to check for sure). I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Its only a few texts every so often, but it was annoying.
    -MuerteMan

P.S. If I cant fix this in 1.5 is it something that root could help me with?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

It's possible that she's not receiving, as opposed to you not sending.
    I don't text enough to have a problem, so I'm not much help.

3. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

I had a glitch with my native messaging app the other day where it would just resend my last message everytime i would try to send something. It would also not let me receive any messages but would display them in the task bar if that makes sense, i did a hard reset and that seemed to fix it but last night i was getting texts but for some reason no one could get mine. weird.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I thought 1.5 was rock solid!! hahaha just kidding, txt's not sending could be so many different things. Her carrier might have been having issues, or Verizon might have been having issues.
    I've had that happen on numerous phones and different carriers, txts to ATT seem to stop working but to others they work. or ONLY vzw to vzw txts don't work etc etc.

In my experience its rarely the phone, of course I can't say that 100% but if it is a carrier issue root or 2.1 or a different sms prog isn't going to help. You may want to comb through the verizon section or hit hofo or something to see if anyone else was having text outages last night.