Stock EVO Wallpaper with Golden Gate Bridge

Last Updated:

1. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was messing with Scenes and Wallpapers and of course did not SAVE my personalized settings so now I'll have to recreate them. Now where was that stock EVO wallpaper with the Golden Gate Bridge? It wasn't a sample photo and definitely not stored on the SD card. Guess I'll have to take a can opener to the EVO's internal directory, look for the jpg and start plugging in widgets to a new but saved scene. Just playing with the EVO on a weekend.

Advertisement
  2. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

footprints maybe?

3. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

The Golden Gate wallpaper was one of the wallpapers that came with the stock android launcher (Nexus One style). That stock launcher and it's corresponding wallpapers were disabled/removed from the phone with the newest update 1.47.651.1 (30.5MB). You probably won't find it on your phone anywhere if you are fully updated.

They are probably located somewhere in the old file system (packaged in .apk with that launcher I'd bet), but shortly after the update no-one seemed to care enough to try to hunt them down. By now everyone has probably well forgotten about them.

The easiest most accepted solution for those wallpapers is to go to this site and download them and add them to your SD card. (Exclude the tigers, they were not on the Evo)
    (preview)
    [​IMG]
    Nexus One Wallpapers - Nexus One Wallpapers

In my opinion the golden gate wall was one of the better ones from that grouping.

--edit--
    Here is a zipped up file with all of the Evo wallpapers that were lost. Found in a different thread on this site by searching.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/JLyOAzWr/EvoStockLauncherWallPapers.html

Buzzwyzr and NeoEVO like this.
  4. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the links to the actual photo, the Evo Stock Launcher Wall Papers zip AND insight as to an innocuous result of update 1.47.651.1

That Monument Valley wallpaper was not too shabby either.

:)