Stock Gallery (photo) App: Any way to avoid seeing album art?Support

Last Updated:

1. blackdog709

blackdog709 Well-Known Member

I don't need or want to scroll through hundreds of album art photos when I'm trying to find Camera, Wallpapers, Photos, etc.
    Is there a way to filter such that all the album art is not seen by the Gallery app?

Advertisement
  2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

3. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

***WARNING***

When I clicked that link I got a (fake) window about my system being infected and wanting to scan it. and alot of popups after that.
  4. UKCatFan

That is strange. I posted it from a Windows pc and just now followed the link again with no problem whatsoever. I don't think it is the site causing your problems. It sounds like you have picked up some malware from somewhere else and it just happens to be showing itself. You should run some removal tools.
  5. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

been there done that. Nothing downloaded on my system, but something has been screwy with java and anything that needs it.

I just revisited and nothing happened this time. it may have been one of the ads on the site that pushed something, or at least tried.
  6. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

Why are you even using the stock gallery when QuickPic and JustPictures are out there?
  7. blackdog709

Partially because it basically works OK and I don't have anything to compare it to yet. I try to keep things simple and change items or approaches one at a time. Since the "gallery" is just a simple way to view folders, and it works, it never seemed that the wheel needed to be re-invented here.

Are you saying that these other options have a filter of some sort to keep album art out of the mix?
  8. UKCatFan

Not that I have ever heard about. They use the same .nomedia file to exclude them. I personally use a relatively weak Optimus M and gallery runs smoother than the others mentioned. The SGP should be powerful enough to run all nicely though.
  9. HowDoiUseAndro

HowDoiUseAndro Well-Known Member

I agree with En4cer2k11. Use QuickPic instead of the built in photo gallery.

You can set it to skip certain directories, and it's got a ton of other great features.
  10. blackdog709

Yup OK. I'm on board with QuickPic.
    Thanks guys.