• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Gingerbread 2.3

I'm not sure if I am just not finding it due to the number of ROMs available but can someone point me to a stock gingerbread ROM ? Or is there not one...
I can't stand CM it runs extremely slow & laggy compared to Virtuous.

I left virtuous for CM6 and then CM7. I used CM6 to learn the ropes, but found CM7 more responsive. Which nightly build(s) were you using that were laggy?

If you want the vanilla experience with the speed/stability of Sense, try SkyRaider Athena.

Upvote 0
There isn't a "stock" gingerbread ROM out yet but both OMGB and CM7 are the closets things to it but they are experimental builds. Eventually the AOSP team will come up with a "stock" framework for everyone to build ROMS upon and eventually HTC might release an update but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

Upvote 0
alright thats what I thought I just wanted to hear it from others. OMGB seems like they still have a lot bugs to fix so ill just wait it out. Medion I saw that too on XDA they got the new S phones RUU so ROMs should be updating with that at least. As far as CM I have tried just the regular CM 6 & 6.1 and from start it is barely usable it is so slow. I will try it out again but previous times it has been so bad. Right now im running Virtuous 3.2 with launcherpro on top of it and its amazing without even doing any OC. I used Hydra kernals before but they typically led to random reboots and system seizures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones