Stock Kernel?

1. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a copy of the regular stock kernel for the Dinc?

Advertisement
  2. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

I could use this also. I mistakenly deleted my backup that contained the stock kernel. Now only have a backup with the undervolt.
  3. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

Good news. I found that I was actually smart enough to back it up separately on my HDD. So here you go...

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Attached Files:

4. rzr30

rzr30 Member

how do i apply the stock kernel back
  5. Bl4z3

Bl4z3 Active Member

How did you root your Inc? Did you use the Unrevoked method? If so just copy that zip to the root of your sd card, boot into recovery (Clockwork mod) select "install zip from sd card" then "chose zip from sd card" select the stock kernel. Once it's done, reboot. You should be all set!

However, I'm not sure if you can apply a kernel over a kernel, so just to be safe wait untill someone who knows posts and says so. I don't want to be responsible for a bricked phone.

Or if you made a nandroid backup before you installed a custom kernel, you could do that also.
  6. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

7. rzr30

rzr30 Member

i used unrevoked but when i try to install it still has the same kernel i had
  8. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

Maybe you were already stock...
  9. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Install the kernel bu putting it on your SD card. Boot into clockworkmod recovery and go to install zip. find it on the sd card, press yes that you want to install it, reboot your phone. Check your settings > Software information and check to see if it went back to default
  10. rzr30

rzr30 Member

when i do this it still has the hydra kernel loaded any way of getting the same kernel that came from the factory back because i have to send it back to verizion or i will dump it in water lol lol
  11. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you should do the RUU method to lose root ^
  12. rzr30

rzr30 Member

any instruction on how to do this????
  13. Bl4z3

Bl4z3 Active Member

14. yojoe600

15. rzr30

rzr30 Member

ok i used borgey 2.1 to get me back to stock rom but now i need to put the verizon kernel back on any ideas
  16. yojoe600

17. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Is that the fully stock kernel? How do you install that? The same way as the hydra kernels?