Stock Kernel

1. gregg098

gregg098 Active Member

Right now Im on stock 2.1 rooted. A few little issues I had with other ROMs and overclocking are totally gone which is great. I would like to try some different kernels, however, to see if it was the ROM or just the kernels I was using.

Anyways, how do I get back to the stock kernel if I change to a different one? If I have a recent nandroid, can I just restore one of the partitions? I would like to retain all of my data throughout the process so Id like to avoid doing a full nandroid restore if possible should I have problems and just restore the kernel.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

If you have a current Nandroid backup of your 2.1 Stock with the Stock kernel, you can change kernels to do the testing you want to do. If you want to go back to stock, just restore your entire backup or simply the "Boot" partition. That doesn't change your data files, it doesn't change the system files...just the kernel. You have to do the "Boot Partition" restore in "Advanced Restore" in SPRecovery. Just make sure "boot" is the only option with an * next to it and then restore.
  3. gregg098

gregg098 Active Member

Thanks. I figured that was probably the case, but didn't want to wing it.
  4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

NP. We had to do that a few months back as that was the preferred method of updating kernels...before we got all these fancy update.zip files :D