• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Launcher Pro Icons for Home Screen?

This seems like a question that should have been answer countless times, but I can't seem to find a succinct answer anywhere.

I'd like to use the stock launcher pro icons for home screen application shortcuts. Is there any way to access the default launcherpro icons?

I've found countless custom Launcherpro icon packs around, but I am specifically interested in the default launcher pro icons. Is there any icon pack with them, or way to get them in my gallery?

Thanks for your help!

I want to use the stock icons for application shortcuts on the home screen. I know it's straightforward to use the icons on dock applications, but the 'Use Launcherpro icons' is not available if I am choosing an icon for a homescreen application shortcut.

My only choices for homescreen application shortcuts are those icons I have stored in my Gallery, so ideally, I would like a way to copy the default launcher pro icons into my gallery.

Sorry if I'm not posing my question clearly, but thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
I want to use the stock icons for application shortcuts on the home screen. I know it's straightforward to use the icons on dock applications, but the 'Use Launcherpro icons' is not available if I am choosing an icon for a homescreen application shortcut.

My only choices for homescreen application shortcuts are those icons I have stored in my Gallery, so ideally, I would like a way to copy the default launcher pro icons into my gallery.

Sorry if I'm not posing my question clearly, but thanks for your help!

Ah, I get ya now. Yeah, I'm not sure on that one. Probably have to use a file manager (astro, file explorer etc..) and find them in the system files. I don't know where to start though. good luck.

Upvote 0
I downloaded launcherpro icons from the market. I think it was a paid app but it has tons of icons from launcher pro plus more that people created. I just found out a few days ago that if you go into settings, you can change the color of the icons as well if you are sick of the plain white.

Upvote 0
I downloaded launcherpro icons from the market. I think it was a paid app but it has tons of icons from launcher pro plus more that people created. I just found out a few days ago that if you go into settings, you can change the color of the icons as well if you are sick of the plain white.

I cannot find this in the preferences? Is it because you downloaded icons? Thx

Upvote 0
buatxdadua.jpg

So,anyone know how to get this result out of Launcher Pro?
N.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This may be a tiny bit of a digression, but I didn't want to start a new thread when there are so many about icons.

I've been looking around at various launchers & icon packs, and am having trouble telling which are compatible. Every time I look at an icon pack of some kind, it seems to want me to use it with a certain launcher. And, of course, the launchers in question aren't the ones that I'm most interested in using. Typical! :p

Is there some type of "generic" android icon format? Or can someone give me a quick idea of which icon pack formats work with which launchers? IE Would icons labeled as working for ADW or GO Launcher or &LauncherPro, etc. work with a different launcher? (I'm kinda leaning toward Launch-X, but I'm still exploring).

From what I'm reading it sounds like you can just extract the icons from the icon pack & stick them in your gallery or your SD, but I'm not totally clear on if that is correct or how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated. I have finally gotten comfortable with the basics & a few apps, but now I must make phone pretty! :)

EDIT (for clarification): I am not needing info on apps, per se. There are several that will let me change icons- Just trying to find out how to make icons/packs accessible to whatever app I am using, if the icons didn't come with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones