• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock LG Messaging App vs. Hangouts

D

Deleted User

I have the LG G Stylo on Boost Mobile and as with most people who own the original G Stylo have text message issues with the stock LG Messaging App. I'm trying out Hangouts and see if I noticed any improvements. Have y'all replaced the stock LG Messaging App with Hangouts, noticed any improvements?

Reactions: NeoZiggy
I have the LG G Stylo on Boost Mobile and as with most people who own the original G Stylo have text message issues with the stock LG Messaging App. I'm trying out Hangouts and see if I noticed any improvements. Have y'all replaced the stock LG Messaging App with Hangouts, noticed any improvements?
Yes, you'll get your messages when they arrive! I also installed Hangouts Dialer to make wifi calls and its works good depending on the network speed.

Upvote 0
I use the stock app only gor my friends who refuse to use hangouts but i try to convert as many ppl to hangouts as possible.

I know hangouts can replace your stock messaging app but i dont use it for that. I use hangouts with gmail addresses. Thid way it syncs across my devices...so i can start a conversation on my phone...and pick up a conversation on my tablet. Etc

For that its an amazing app.

But if its a text between numbers you can only see it on your phone.

So if you can get your friends to use it just ask for their gmail address then go to compose a message in hangouts and use their gmail as the person you're trying to send the message to.

You can also see the last message the other person read as well as when they're typing you a message in response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones