Stock Mail App - Only Check Manually?!?Support

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm trying to use the stock Mail app to check my work POP3 email. I only want to read it on occasion when away.

So I set the account up and put 'Manual' as the sync setting for both peak and regular times. But even though I don't open the app or ask it to download new messages, I still get notifications of new email every day and it downloads my email!

- How can I make it stop auto downloading email? I only want to check every few days or weeks when I need something.

- If there's no way to disable auto downloading, can the account be 'deactivated' without deleting (didn't see that option).

- Lastly, when I try to delete all messages, I have to select one at a time. Did I miss the 'select all' feature somewhere??

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

POP3 is really primitive. Can you use IMAP?
  3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Well, couple of the accounts I want to add don't support IMAP, so need to have this working. Plus, I don't really need something full featured for this. Just want more of a 'read & delete' workflow when I'm not at work/home.

This has to be possible, seems like such a basic feature.
  4. today

today Well-Known Member

A way to select all is to mark one email with a checkmark, then hit the menu option(upper right corner) and an option drop down gives a select all opportunity.
    bberryhill0 likes this.
  5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Anyone having issues with periodic "notifications gone crazy" with the stock email app? Once a day or so, I'll get anywhere between 2-6 consecutive notifications for one email. And sometimes the subsequent notification starts before the previous finishes, and cuts it off.
  6. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

I've had that at least ten times, and sometimes it won't stop notifying me until I do a battery pull