• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock mail app won't delete on server

Hello everyone. I'm using the stock mail app for my hotmail account. I receive the mail just fine and I can delete the messages from the phone no problem. But if I delete the messages from the phone shouldn't they be deleting from the server as well? I would like to see them gone the next time I actually sign into my hotmail account from my laptop but they aren't. I have to physically delete them again from my laptop for them to actually be gone. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

jtcarnes,

i just recently read about k-9 and I guess I am going to have to give it a try. I wonder if its a problem with the software or hotmail...either way it doesn't work. Its a shame because I think the stock mail app is nice and clean looking. I think i'm going to create a throw away yahoo account and try it with that and see if I still have the same problem. I figured if this was going this with everyone than or at least a lot of people than there would be more complaints on the forums. giving k-9 a try now. thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones