Stock mail app won't delete on serverSupport

Last Updated:

1. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. I'm using the stock mail app for my hotmail account. I receive the mail just fine and I can delete the messages from the phone no problem. But if I delete the messages from the phone shouldn't they be deleting from the server as well? I would like to see them gone the next time I actually sign into my hotmail account from my laptop but they aren't. I have to physically delete them again from my laptop for them to actually be gone. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. upther

upther Well-Known Member

1. Open the mail app
    2. Hit menu, more, settings
    3. Send & Receive
    4. Make sure Delete mail on server is checked

williamcmoran likes this.
  3. williamcmoran

I completely forgot to mention that its already checked when I started the thread. Hitting refresh should in theory sync my phone with the actual server and delete the emails in my inbox once Ive deleted them from my phone's inbox, correct? any more help?

4. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

Much like the stock HTC weather app, I couldn't get it to work. I abandoned it and went with K9. It's a nice client and it deletes mail from the server like it's supposed to.

I like Sense, but there are several pieces of it that just don't seem to work properly...

williamcmoran likes this.
  5. williamcmoran

jtcarnes,

i just recently read about k-9 and I guess I am going to have to give it a try. I wonder if its a problem with the software or hotmail...either way it doesn't work. Its a shame because I think the stock mail app is nice and clean looking. I think i'm going to create a throw away yahoo account and try it with that and see if I still have the same problem. I figured if this was going this with everyone than or at least a lot of people than there would be more complaints on the forums. giving k-9 a try now. thanks again.

6. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Must be an issue with Hotmail. I use the stock app to get my Comcast email and it deletes the mail off the server without an issue.