Stock Mail Syncing IssuesSupport

Last Updated: 2011-12-19 00:13:21
  1. droidmoves

droidmoves New Member

I just got my Rezound and am having issues syncing read emails from my Gmail account. In the native mail application, emails that have been read via web browser remain unread on the phone. I hate having to open emails twice when I've already seen the content.

Any advice?

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

perhaps try to re-sync gmail on phone when you open it? they should definitely then show as 'read'
  3. droidmoves

droidmoves New Member

Even after actively syncing, my mail items show as unread. Even worse, sometimes reading emails on the phone won't even mark them as read.

I should note that this is only an issue with the native mail app and not the gmail app.
  4. MacKai

MacKai Member

I'm having the same problem.... only on the stock email app.
    I've tryed clearing the cash and data, deleting the account and re-entering it, rebooting, manually syncing, stopping and restarting the auto sync....... its not just a timing issue because I've waited days to see it it will "catch up"

The actual gmail app works fine, its just the stock Mail app. I want to use this app because its what the HTC mail Widgets tie in to

Any ideas?
  5. NightAngel79

I wish... mine does the same thing, didnt realize we were talking about tghe stock mail app(will update title). Mine doesn't show all my folders, doesn't reflect the filters i have set up, ALL my unread emails show in Inbox, it doesn't let me move emails to the folders I have created, and doesnt update 'read' emails. This all worked perfectly on my Incredible!! HTC really screwed this up IMO! Perhaps I will try the actual yahoomail app to see if that is any better
  6. MacKai

MacKai Member

The Actual Gmail and Yahoo apps work well and are nice apps. I use the yahoo app every day . My only complaint there is they fond have widgets. Im thinking we must have a bad setting some where or a lot more people would be screaming foul over this .... The same app worked flawlessly for me on my Eris and Incredeble ...
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. NightAngel79

And just so we are clear, you are talking about the actual stock HTC mail client app that is messed up? (thats what i mean)
  8. sundog1973

sundog1973 Member

Same problem for me. The HTC stock mail app is hosed. My Exchange mail works fine, but the Gmail side doesn't update read/unread status properly. It would be nice if it worked, but I use the Google Gmail app preferentially anyway.

I'm guessing this is happening to everyone with the Rezound, but most just switch to the native Gmail app and forget it. It would be nice if it worked properly...I might use it!
  9. NightAngel79

OK so I finally got frustrated with it and completely deleted my stock email account (was yahoo address)

Then I remember someone in this thread said something about using the pop3/imap option. I re-added it and instead of using the actual 'yahoo' email type (guess this works instead of using the gmail, etc ones as well) I used the pop3/imap account type. It set my yahoo email up with only my username and password and works perfectly!! It now syncs perfectly with the computer based client, all my folders and filters are there now and all is right with the word!!

@all please try this and report if it does the trick. Would love to mark this thread [SOLVED]!
    SamXp likes this.
  10. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Same here. Gmail app is fine, but hTC mail app won't sync properly. I'll read or delete messages online and it won't sync on the web, and vice versa. Just downloaded the Yahoo mail app to see if that improves.
  11. NightAngel79

We posted at same time so you probaby didn't see my post above yours, try deleting account and re-adding it using the pop3/imap option
  12. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Just tried it and it seems to work! Need to test a few more emails. The Yahoo app is nice and all, but it'd be nice if this played nice.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  13. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Been using it all day and it definitely did the trick. Anxious to see anyone else gets the same result.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  14. NightAngel79

Glad you found the answer!
  15. maximus20895

maximus20895 Well-Known Member

So will the HTC not work still? When I archive my gmail on my computer it still shows up in HTC Mail. I even deleted the account and it still added the archived emails!
  16. NightAngel79

Do you have it added under the pop3/imo email type?
  17. maximus20895

I believe I just clicked gmail when adding the account.
  18. NightAngel79

Delete it and re add it as pop3
  19. maximus20895

Yep, it seems to be working. How often will it check for emails now? I wish it had the Gmail icon instead of the stock mail icon now. Oh well!

Thanks for the help!
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  20. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Maybe I am not understanding, but I have both my gmail and another email setup with the HTC mail app via exchange. Both sync emails. What I see on my MB air, I see on the HTC. If I delete email on the HTC, it is removed from my MB air. If I delete from my MB air, it is deleted from the Rezound.