• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock media player and Google play music not reading music off of SD card

tkpxo8

Lurker
Jan 19, 2017
For the past week or so I've been have issues trying to get the Android stock music player to recognize and play the music stored on my SD card. I've had my current phone for a while and never before have an issue with the music app playing songs off of my sd card. Recently however, whenever I open the stock music app or Google play music its says it cant find any songs and in order to use it I have to import file from my computer. I have no problem playing the songs manually using the file viewer app and searching the"Music" folder on my sd, sadly they just won't register on the App.
I've trying searching for solutions on similar android threads but have had no luck. All of my music is stored in a folder titled "Music" on the base level of the sd card and I can't seem to find a .nomedia file on sd card or the Music folder with the hidden files shown (using the file viewer app). I've also tried unmounting and mounting the sd card and clearing all app and cache data for the music app to no avail.

Considering I'm always on the go, being able to use the music app was both quick and convenient. Having to always manually search up and play songs is slowly driving me insane. Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Note: My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Light model SGH - T399N, Android version 4.4.2. Also the picture gallery does not seem to be working properly.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones