Stock messaging app msg counterSupport

1. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I've changed on the new GS4-32, but my stock messaging app is not showing an unread msg counter on the icon... as I seem to recall from the GS4-16 it replaced.

Can anyone clue me what I need to look for to restore that function?

Advertisement
    :
  2. speedlever

Would someone be able to confirm that the i337 stock messaging app normally shows a badge with the unread text message count? I'm thinking I remember seeing that on my GS4-16 that I traded in for a GS4-32 a few days ago.

I'm wondering if I've inadvertently disabled something that drives that function. I've disabled a number of stock AT&T apps including AT&T messages. (not sure what that's for anyway). It seems like a duplicate of the stock Samsung text messaging app.

Anyway, I get a notification in the status bar and on the lockscreen, but there is no unread text msg count badge on the text messaging app itself. I'm sure I saw one on the GS4-16. I think. ;)
  3. speedlever

OK, I figured this out. It seems that my Nova Prime launcher is the culprit here. I disabled it today and restored TWiz as the default launcher and my unread text msg counter returned to my stock messaging app!

I really didn't expect that to be the issue.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi speed lever. I merged your message app threads for you. :)
  5. speedlever

Thanks Atma. I must have forgotten about that other thread when I started the last one. Sorry 'bout that. :eek:
    Atma likes this.