Stock Messaging app not finding all contacts.

Last Updated:

1. h0ws0fpain

h0ws0fpain Member This Topic's Starter

So I searched and didnt find anyone else posting about this problem. I woke up this morning and had texts from multiple people wishing me a merry Christmas. When I finally came around I decided to send a mass text message out to all my friends and family. I started trying to link people by using COMPOSE >MENU>PEOPLE and thought to myself "wow I thought I had more friends than this...i'm a loser." Then I went and checked my phonebook and realized that the messaging service is not linking to all my contacts in my phone book.
    Anyone else have this issue. Or any ideas on how to fix it? It sucks cause I had to go through and type the first few letters of each for it to pop up, instead of just clicking the contact name like usual. I started using the stock messaging app last week when I had a lot of issues with Handcent. Once i switched I saved alot of battery for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

Merry Christmas

Advertisement
  2. dv8726

dv8726 New Member

Are the contacts that do not show in the messenging app listed as home or mobile in your contact list? On my droid if a numer is listed as home they will not show in the messenging app....hope that works merry christmas!

3. h0ws0fpain

h0ws0fpain Member This Topic's Starter

Bingo! Thats it my friend! When I ported my number over some of them were not done correctly....totally my fault, not the phone.

Thanks for your help!