1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Stock MMS.. uhhh... SMSSupport

1. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

Well, my question is, is there anyway to customize or modify the display?

I've used both Handcent and GoSMS, and like the customization options. I don't expect the stock app to go the extent, but is there anyway at all to at lease change the color or something? I don't like the default...too dark...too plain.

One reason I want to avoid using Handcent and GoSMS is because I like the Circles app that came with the phone. And the app has a feature where you can get a preview of your text in one of the circles. Pretty snazzy if you ask me.

So I either want to customize the stock app to my liking, or change the Circles appt o accept GoSMS or Handcent. haven't seen either option yet.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Personally I got over the circle app. It looked pretty cool at first. Then I got to thinking:
    -The weather app really is not all that great. You have to connect to a browser to read it and it's kinda slow and no radar.
    -I don't want TXT messages popping up for others to read(yes you can stop that). then if you do stop it, it's just a clock.
    -It took up too much room

No, I don't think you can change the color in TXT.
  3. TG1

TG1 Well-Known Member

I think the stock SMS app on the M is a visual bore-fest. I like the features, but the looks are meh. Went with Handcent and won't look back.