• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock music player folders

I've had the GS3 for over a year, but just decided to use the stock music player. I had tinkered with it when I first got the phone and I think that's when I set something that I can't figure out now. The phone's now running 4.1.2.

The Music Player has a tab named "Folders" except the problem is that there is a SINGLE folder from which it will list MP3s and I can't find a way to add more folders. I find it odd that the tab is named Folders but refuses to show anything else.

Before you suggest it, as far as I can tell there isn't a .nomedia file in the folder I would like to place my music. Also, the folder it DOES show MP3s from is not the "Music" folder. It's a folder named "Download".

I deleted defaults and cleared data and that didn't seem to change anything except what tabs I'd selected Music Player to show.

I created a folder within the "Download" folder to see if it would acknowledge any MP3s I place inside of there and it doesn't. Only if a file is placed in the "Download" folder without nesting further will it show up in the Albums etc tabs of Music Player.

If someone would teach me how to direct Music Player to look elsewhere, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
syn

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones