Stock n1 2.2.1 with root

Last Updated:

1. Inhuman

Inhuman Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so Ive been real happy so far with Stock n1 and universal androot. I love the root apps.
    Now that the update is out (2.2.1. frg83) I wanted to update and still have root access on stock. I was not able to update because i had deleted stock apps like amazon, twitter, etc with titanium.

I had to flash a stock rom and then update to 2.2.1 worked, BUT no root access.
    I even unlocked the bootloader to see if that would give me instant root but it didnt.
    How can i go about getting root access on my n1 with 2.2.1. ? I want to run a stock rom and use rooted apps like titanium. Also to get future updates like gingerbread OTA.
    I DO NOT want a custom rom like cyanogen. Just stock 2.2.1. with root access.
    whats the easiest way to achieve this?

I tried installing amon ra, and it still wouldnt give me root access, couldnt install superuser,busybox, ect.

please help.

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

After installing Amon RA, you need to use it to flash an update containing the Superuser binaries, which can be found here:

http://bit.ly/su2361ef

Actually, with a custom recovery, you should be able to install Superuser (by ChainsDD) direct from the Market).

3. Inhuman

Inhuman Member This Topic's Starter

How do i install the superuser binaries?

Also i flash back to a custom rom and tried installing superuser from the market and it was unsuccessful. Tried many times but didnt let me install.
    Maybe because i had 2.2.1.? does it block SU? Even if i have an unlocked bootloader?

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Just flash them via recovery.