stock no-root cwm based backup

1. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

i made a back up of my stock non-rooted phone using OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.3. if anyone is interested ill post a link.

first i would like to thanks shabby and the OUDHS for taking the time to answer my ?s

ok here are the steps you would need to restore this stock backup.

1. download my stock original backup www.d-cap.net/stock-backup.rar extracted this file is 2.11 gigs
    2. extract the rar and copy the "1970-01-14.06.22.01" folder to your sd card. you might need to create a "clockworkmod" folder with a subfolder "back up" and put the folder there.
    3. follow this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254678 with this OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.3 www.d-cap.net/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.3.tar "just the custom recovery part not the superuser steps.
    4. boot in to recovery i always do a "data/factory reset" then choose "backup and restore" and choose "restore from external sdcard" navigate to where you put the file and you will have original non-rooted stock metro rom.:thumb:

disclaimer: i checked this backup myself, it works. if you "beef" your phone in the process i'm not to blame. *****correction***** i was able to get the phone to say "official" again.i used cf auto root which gives you stock recovery and root then just use trianlge away then click the "full unroot" option in superuser wait a minute shut phone off and boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset. done.

Advertisement
    nuttmeg, ARocker, danyvw and 2 others like this.
  2. Guspeed

Guspeed Well-Known Member

Please do, it is always good to have a non-rooted copy of the stock rom, I know also that nuttmeg offered to upload a rooted copy of it, so, again please do, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)
  3. joetemp75

joetemp75 Member

I second that also, I backed up to my SD and it failed a few days later. I've been waiting for someone to post one.
  4. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Will be really appreciated. Thanx.
  5. dcap0187

I will put it up when I get off of work the file is 2.1 gigs. I'll rar the file created by cwm.
  6. Guspeed

Guspeed Well-Known Member

Great, thanks!!!

I can share a link with your file on my dropbox account, if you like!!!

Before you upload the file, please make sure that the backup can actually be restore, unless you've already done that, thanks.
  7. dcap0187

its up.
  8. dcap0187

*****correction****** i was able to have status say "official"!!!!!!!!!!