Stock Orange Rom

Last Updated:

1. sihaworth

sihaworth Member This Topic's Starter

I need to send my phone back to Orange/Phones4U as my headphone jack/socket is not working anymore, but I've installed DeFrost 2.2, which obviously needs returning back to Orange Rom.

1) Where can I find the stock Orange rom?
    2) Any links to instructions about installing this?

Can't seem to find anything initially from searching the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

You may want to check this with Orange first, but apparently if you install a stock HTC Rom it won't invalidate your warranty. As long as the Rom is official and unmodified, you should should be fine.

Like I said, check with them first though.

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

4. sihaworth

sihaworth Member This Topic's Starter

Ah well I've just installed a stock 2.2 (after reminding myself that we couldn't get stock Orange Roms), so hopefully I'll be alright.

Thanks.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Orange care terms would disagree with this. ;)

6. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

The messages from Orange have been mixed at best and the wording of those so-called terms and conditions couldn't be worse.

I reckon if you kick up enough fuss, you'll be just fine as long as it's a signed, official build obtained directly from HTC themselves. Plus that defect has nothing to do with the software so you're even more likely to come out on top if they say no to the repair. But hey, what have you got to lose? If you're that worried drop the damn thing out your window so it's FUBAR then just claim a new handset. :) Then they won't be able to tell what software it was running!

7. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

If it's going back to phones4u I doubt they'll care. I've debranded phones in the past and they've 'kindly installed the correct ROM' when they've given the phone back.

8. dave_024

dave_024 Member

i wouldnt worry about it ive returned loads of phones to orange with custom roms on and never had a problem all they do is give you a recon phone and send that one off to be recond anyway if they didnt put all their bloatware on the handsets they wouldnt have this problem youll be fine