Stock phone app

1. lefrogdog

lefrogdog Member

I have this horrible looking stock phone app and caller on the galaxy s4 for Verizon. Its a white with black borders. If you refer to the S3 there was a darker color. Reminds me of the windows phones with the the boxes and bad colors. if the attachments showed correctly the darker one if preferred and the other is whats on it now. Im not going to root because my warranty is to much to lose (bad experience) for a few days old phone. Ive looked for a way to change the theme out right. Asking to see if any others had luck. If all else fails I hear dailer one and GO Contacts EX are alternatives, but that also just changes the dailer/contacts. The calling part is also this ugly theme.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I think some people actually have the black themed one. I'd much prefer that.
  3. lefrogdog

lefrogdog Member

My thoughts are that verizon version likes this theme and at&t has the darker theme or the international version has it.
  4. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I have a little bit of a learnign curve coming from the Nexus Prime, but I just got my GS4 today. Rooted and CWM installed. Nandroid backup made. I will be modding this rom and will do a black themed dialer. Already have blacked out my GMail, ES Explorer & Dropbox. Many more to come. Just trying not to overwrite any of the new apps that support gestures. That really kills me on the new email app, I want that sucker to be blacked out. Basically I am looking to port over my MultiMod for the JDX ROM over to GS4.
  5. markdmac

So I now have inverted versions of Amazon, Craig's List, Ebay, Facebook, Google Drive, Play Music, Google+, Hangouts, Linked In, Maps, Facebook Messenger, Pandora, Pinterest, ES File Explorer, GMail, Google Reader, Market and YouTube all installed and working. Some of these were a challenge because despite rooting, I can't mount the file system as Read/Write. Titanium Backup is working fine to confirm root and I have ClockworkMod working fine too. Anyone else having this issue? It seems like our kernel is preventing full access despite root.
  6. maddog015

maddog015 Well-Known Member

Any luck on blacking out that dialer and MMS?

And could that be shared?

Thanks!
  7. lefrogdog

lefrogdog Member

Nothing so far. Just gonna deal with it :)
  8. markdmac

I tried the one I was using on my Nexus and it did not work. I will need to rework the one from the phone, been on vacation this week, fly home Saturday. On Sunday I will probably start playing with my phone again.