Stock recovery or update clockworkmod

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys, I'm back looking for another solution for my friend's DX. He has been trying to get into the nitty gritty world of rooting, kernals, hacking, etc., but he is still very early so a lot of stuff is foggy.

He's been trying lots of rooting apps, ROM Managers, and various "easy fix" methods. I'm not a big fan of these because you can't really track what's happening and it just opens the door for more problems IMHO.
    I'd like to step in and get him on track, with a fresh installation so we can have a clean slate for trying things out (and I can keep track of what stuff is performed), but I know the X is a lot more picky than my Incredible so I don't wanna brick his phone.

Here's what's been done:
    - He unrooted (somehow) and OTA updated to the newest DX update (the one that includes Madden)

- He tried rooting using some tool from Droid Life posted today but it didn't work

- He still has a version of ClockworkMod Recovery on his phone

- I used his clockworkmod recovery to factory reset/wipe his phone

- He now has a fresh install with, I assume, the recent OTA "Madden" update, and a ClockworkMod Recovery.

How can I, either, root and get him the latest ClockworkMod recovery; OR return him back to the stock recovery so he can be 100% stock and I can do my own research from there to move him along the root/ROM/kernel path?

Thanks guys!!!

Advertisement
  2. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

bump?

youngteez29 likes this.