• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock ROM for the Breakout

does anyone know how to push an apk file to the phone using fastboot?

You can only push .img's with fastboot, but you can use adb. If it is a system app that you are trying to push, a simple push command will not work though, so use this, and make sure whatever .apk you are trying to push is in the same folder as adb.

Code:
adb push whatever.apk /sdcard/whatever.apk

adb shell

$ su

mount system here. Don't know the partition so can't tell you atm

# cat /sdcard/whatever.apk > /system/app/whatever.apk

Upvote 0
You can only push .img's with fastboot, but you can use adb. If it is a system app that you are trying to push, a simple push command will not work though, so use this, and make sure whatever .apk you are trying to push is in the same folder as adb.

Code:
adb push whatever.apk /sdcard/whatever.apk

adb shell

$ su

mount system here. Don't know the partition so can't tell you atm

# cat /sdcard/whatever.apk > /system/app/whatever.apk
Ok so tried adb but when I try to connect to the phone it tells me device not found, has anyone had any luck connecting the breakout using adb? If yes how did you do it? Thank you for all the help guys

Upvote 0
Make sure USB debugging is on, pull down notification bar, select USB mode, choose mass storage should be good.

Unfortunately I can't do that my problem is I removed. Backup assistance. And now the phone will not let me get past the setup screen so I have no access to anything in the phone....that is why I needed to push the apk. To the phone, otherwise I would have just sideloaded the apk. File

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I can't do that my problem is I removed. Backup assistance. And now the phone will not let me get past the setup screen so I have no access to anything in the phone....that is why I needed to push the apk. To the phone, otherwise I would have just sideloaded the apk. File

Can you boot into recovery? Adb works in recovery also. You could also try to do the 4 corner touch trick to get out of the setup screen.

Upvote 0
Can you boot into recovery? Adb works in recovery also. You could also try to do the 4 corner touch trick to get out of the setup screen.

yes i can still boot into recovery so thank god for that but adb still is not finding the device..im beginning to think i might have the wrong software installed or something would you be able to provide a copy of the adb client that you are using including the pantech drivers? and as for the four corners thing with the pantech it just goes straight to lock screen then device setup it says choose language english or spanish i select english and hit next and then it says backup assistant not installed and will not let me proceed any further...its sort of frustrating because the phone works great and there really isnt anything wrong with it other that it not having the backup assistant....

Upvote 0
what kind of testing? at this point im willing to give just about anything a shot seeing as there is not a whole i can do with the phone other than use it as a usb drive/ brick

Well, I have a CWM recovery built and working, and have have written a new all in one root and recovery installer. Want to have a couple test before I push it out to the masses.

Upvote 0
Well considering I don't have much to lose at this point, if you want send me a pm with a link to the download with instructions I can try and test it for you

Best way is in IRC that way I can walk through it with you. I saw you had joined for a few minutes. Come back into the room and say my name and it should buzz me. I will pass it to you in there.

Upvote 0
MTM, my new Breakout sould be here any minute now. I'm game on the CWM. I'll look for you tonight on irc. Beforehand, what software do i need to download so i can be ready to play?

I have actually created an all in one package that we will go through together. It is made to be as simple as possible for the install of both root and recovery. It includes the fastboot drivers and everything!

I don't know if there is not many owners of this phone yet, or just not much excitement with nothing out there yet. I am willing to put some time into development of this phone as long as I know there are those that will use it. My wife has the phone and doesn't care about me working on it one way or another. I enjoy tinkering and modding, I just want to be sure it will be used. I have a rom that I am building for it, Cwm working 100% including USB mass storage, and pulled the kernel source last night. Just let me know if there are some users out there to use it lol!

Reactions: srefsn1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones