• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Rom Missing

superCrash

Lurker
Oct 7, 2015
Hello guys. The thing is i have this android phone, local brand, and the stock rom seems to be missing. When i power up my android phone it just flashes the logo over and over again. and i cant either enter the hboot. Can anyone help me? I want to install the firmware or stock rom but i dont know how?

You'll have to give us some info on the phone. No promises, as firmware for unknown models can be hard to find, but without knowing the model there's no chance for anyone to help.

What happens when you try to enter recovery? And how did it get this way, have you ever modified the software, has it been dropped, ever got wet, etc?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Its a local brand here in the Philippines, MyPhone A818 Slim Duo. I had downloaded the stock ROM of this phone but i don't know how to install the stock ROM.

When i enter recovery the logo flashes repeatedly non stop looping. No, i haven't modified any software of the phone before. It started when i accidentally dropped the phone. Do you think hardware may be the problem?

I've tried a toturial on how to install the firmware but no luck, it didn't work.

Upvote 0
If it started when you dropped the phone then yes, logically hardware damage is the most likely explanation. Certainly a drop won't have erased the ROM.

You could try pulling the battery out for a couple of minutes, see whether that helps. But if it really was "phone dropped, problem starts there and then" then although these are odd symptoms for a drop my guess would be that there's a broken or weakened contact somewhere.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones