• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock rooted incredible confusion!

vonedaddy

Dec 18, 2009
I have a new HTC Incredible i just picked up today. I am semi familiar with android and rooting as I have had a rooted Eris before this incredible.

I did some searching but with all the version numbers being punted around it is really hard to keep up and find some actual information that will help.

So I have a stock incredible which I rooted with unrevoked this afternoon. easy as pie... The main reason I wanted it rooted was for wifi tethering since I used it often on my eris.

So I installed WiFi tethering for root from the market but it seems I can not connect to it to save my life. Seems to be a DHCP issue.

After some reading I noticed a certain kernel can only do AP, another version doesnt work at all and some talk about copying files from a EVO dump to the SD card.

Can anyone clarify for me what I need to do to get my stock rooted incredible to work with wifi tether for root?

if you can tell me how to get 720 video capture that would also be a plus.

P.S. I dont mind reading, send me links. Just need to be pointed in the right direction!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones