• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock SMS with dismiss from notification

skiflyer

Dec 17, 2011
Chicago
I'm looking for an app that I can't seem to find.

I have a Nexus 5, stock but unlocked. Not rooted yet, but I will as soon as I get to an app that requires it.

I'm not a fan of the new hangouts, not because of the feature set, but because it's just heavier and slower than I want SMS to be.

I'd like to get the old stock SMS program back, but if I'm going to do that, I'd also like the ability to mark it read in notification. Does any one know of an SMS app like that? (Or did the latest version of stock have it? I haven't used it for awhile now even on other phones).

Thanks for any info, this little feature is driving me nuts mostly because I use MightText (which rocks), and I hate having to go back to my phone and manually dismiss all those conversations.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones