1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Stock task managerGeneral

1. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

I am wondering about the stock task manager. I have a prevail and i used the task manager that came with it as well as another program. My TU does not have one and I was hoping that it would be included in one of the packages that I could install. At first I was impressed that there wasnt really anything extra installed on the phone.
    Now I am quite annoyed that it is not there. Am I the only one that this is the case? And if anyone got a Transform Ultra with one, is there any way that it could be sent my way? Please?

Oh and thank you Interdpth for the rooting of both my phones. I know my android experience would not have been the same without you, shabby, and others :).

Advertisement
    :
    DMajor239 likes this.
  2. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

It did not come with my phone iether
  3. MrPeter1985

MrPeter1985 Well-Known Member

I would like it as well, but i think its a Froyo thing. Not sure. I did look for it in the Prevail files, but do not know the name of it.

Anyone else know?

Thx
  4. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

Its called job manager. I tried pulling it from my prevail but I'm not sure how to get it to work. I put the apk and the odex file in there but the .apk says cannot parse package or something to that effect. And when I try to run it from other places it says install failed. Any ideas?
  5. interdpth

interdpth Well-Known Member

You know what? I miss it as well, I'll pull it off my dads prevail and get it working for us.
    DMajor239, j61101 and smith058 like this.
  6. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

If you get that working, I will def have to send some funds your way :D
    BTW do you have a donate link somewhere around here?
  7. MrPeter1985

MrPeter1985 Well-Known Member

Per recommendation from K ROM I have been using Android Assistant for now.

It works pretty good. It even has a widget for 1 click clear. Has a few good built in apps. Check it out and see for yourself. This will do til someone can get the task manager ported over for us. :)

Thanks again.

-Pete
    smith058 likes this.
  8. bamaduc

bamaduc Well-Known Member

j61101 likes this.
  9. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

yeah thats the other one that I use :) the only problem is that it doesnt do what job manager does :/
  10. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

Did some digging around on my samsung mezmerize running 2.3.4. Its got the job manager app too. I like it better than the prevails' version. I have attached the apk and odex files as well as the com... folder. I tried installing it but had the same results as with the files from the prevail. Is there any way to modify the androidmanifest.xml? if so where would that be? Thats an error that I was getting when I was using an app called super manager. Pretty nifty app.
    I'd upload some screen shots of the errors but I dont know how to upload them on here yet...

Attached Files:

11. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

I would like this job manager as well :)
  12. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

do you know anything about manipulating android files?
  13. DMajor239

If your askin me then no, sorry. =/
  14. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

know anyone who does?
  15. DMajor239

No i dont.
  16. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

Hey, now that there are some more devs on this forum, do any of you think this would be possible? I still have hope for this and would try to help out as much as I could. I really don't know much but I'm willing to learn :)
    I know that this is a minor thing in comparison to getting cm7 or cm9 out or Odin working but it is a nice little app that would be IMO awesome to have again.
  17. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

but i figured i could take another stab at it...
    when trying to push a deodexed jobmanager.apk to the TU, i get a

C:\Users\J\Downloads\Phones\Samsung Prevail\Root\adb install Jobmanager.apk
    2267 KB/s (204384 bytes in 0.088s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/JobManager.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]

I have to look into the no certificates thing some more but any help would be much appreciated :)

Attached Files: