stock Twitter app not working?Support

Last Updated:

1. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone else? Hasn't updated in about 12 hours. Tried clearing cache, nothing.

Advertisement
  2. smillerlsu

smillerlsu Active Member

I couldn't sign in to Twitter with Peep... but the actual Twitter app works for me. To which app were you referring?

3. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

4. scooz16

I guess it's peep. It's just the one that came with the phone. I think it's just twitter by HTC

Guess i'll download something else.

which should I go for?

5. smillerlsu

smillerlsu Active Member

Well, the sure bet is the actual Twitter app... but you might want to check and see if it's already on your phone (just not default). Seems like it's part of the stock distro.

6. scooz16

That's the one that isn't working!

I'm looking for something free with a widget. Just Dl'ed touitter but the free verison doesn't have a widget.

7. smillerlsu

smillerlsu Active Member

I thought Peep wasn't working (which is the DEFAULT Twitter app), which is different than Twitter. The article above is talking about HTC Peep not working because HTC didn't update. The Twitter app (from Twitter, not HTC Peep) is working for me, and should be for you unless there is a different problem. The app I am talking about is the one with a blue and whilte lowercase T as the icon. Otherwise, we are talking about different issues... sorry!

8. EricDra7en

EricDra7en Active Member

I think he's talking about the one that, under widgets is called "Twitter for HTC". Mine's down too after JUST installing my froyo OTA. I've had trouble with this one over and over (clearing the cache), but love it because it's a full screen widget.

It won't display tweets, I deleted and replaced the widget, and now it won't let me sign in. Tells me I have the wrong username/password. I don't.

Is there another Twitter widget that is full screen - that you can read without opening the app?

BTW: The article above explains the problem I'm having exactly. Sound like an update will fix it sometime. Don't know when. Thanks for the link Nicks88.

9. smillerlsu

smillerlsu Active Member

Oh, I see. Yeah... looks like that Twitter widgets that say 'Android' beneath them will work, but the 'Twitter for HTC Sense' widget with HTC written underneath won't work until HTC gets a fix out. I was just looking under apps, not widgets. The Android Twitter app does appear to have widgets, but not full screen.