Stock ui

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Had to do a factory reset to try to get my GPS working (yes it accomplished nothing, thank you very little). I decided to try the stock 'launcher' and see if the phone behaves any different instead of using Go(got tired of the redraws when rebooting the phone and the occasional redraw here and there).
    Anyway, is there a way of removing the app name under the app in the stock launcher? Can't seem to find it. No "preferences" that I can find. Or am I just missing something here?
    GB .621(yeah I know :( )

Advertisement
    :
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Home switcher can be used set your default launcher. If you don't use the stock launcher, you should remove any widgets from it since they'll also run in the background.

Which launcher are you using now, the stock one? Sorry, I don't understand your question.
  3. bigbadwulff

Stock launcher. Not using any other launcher at this time to see how the stock one does on it's own.
    Thought that was clear, but maybe not ;)

Question: Can you remove the written names (labels) under app icons with the stock launcher? I've never used the stock launcher before.
  4. colchiro

It would probably be in settings somewhere... maybe display, if you had that option.
  5. bigbadwulff

Nope, not in there. Been thru every setting option. Haven't seen it.
  6. colchiro

You miss out on a lot of customization with the stock launcher. :D
  7. bigbadwulff

Yeah, just trying it. May be back with GO before long. Miss controlling the number of screens, continuous scroll of the screens, layout of the number rows, losing the labels, etc. Just wanted to see what the stock one had to offer. I can make it look about the same but the customization just isn't there.