Stock Unlock Screen

Last Updated:

1. frishmans92

frishmans92 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, I want the stock 2.2 unlock screen, but with the rest of the sense stuff. Now I understand I need some other stuff installed for it to actually work.

Who/what do I actually need to use the correct unlock screen?/music work/alarm clock work.

Advertisement
  2. JustDroid

JustDroid Well-Known Member

This is how I have gotten rid of the HTC swipe down to unlock screen:
    Using Root Explorer, go in to system then app
    Find HtcLockScreen.apk
    MOVE this file to a folder on your SD Card, or create an app.disabled folder in system

Or just run this file that Adrynalyne gave me. Install this zip file like you would a ROM using Rom Manager or Clockwork Mod

Attached Files:

3. wjdunn3

wjdunn3 Member

That is only part of what you need to do. Just removing the lock screen apk will leave you with another problem....you will not be able to turn off/silence an alarm from the clock app without pulling the battery.

So, in addition you need to replace the desk clock apk to correct the alarm issue. See this thread on XDA for the desk clock apk.

JustDroid likes this.
  4. JustDroid

JustDroid Well-Known Member

Thanks. Didn't know the part about replacing the alarm clock, since I don't use my phone as an alarm.

5. frishmans92

frishmans92 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Right on, this looks like a winner to me. That Droid 2 lockscreen looks badass. However, how do I install ADB on my mac?