Stock updateGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-01-25 22:58:26
  1. Madroxide

Madroxide Well-Known Member

I have been on facebook talking to Boosts CSR's. It's pathetic on how little they know. But I finally got to one who seems to know something. By what she said its not a JB update but an update is being pushed starting today. Heres the convo.

Boost Mobile - An update will start being sent out to customers today; the update includes a security flaw in Google's Android operating system that may leave the phone exposed to malicious apps. ^Soila G.
    about an hour ago

Advertisement
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Makes sense, there is a FL24 leak that is ICS that I understand has the patch for the Exynos exploit. So if you are wanting to root via the exploit app with out having to use a PC, then do so before the update.
    Madroxide likes this.
  3. Madroxide

I'm already rooted thanks to the exploit. Thanks as always Codegerm.
  4. freesunshine

freesunshine Well-Known Member

I was playing around with "System updates" and clicked on "Update Samsung software" and there is an updated available, 10.6 MB. It is confirmed that it is NOT the JB but here is what I've found out so far about the update:

Qualcomm fix
    Security enhancements
    Vlingo S Voice improvements
  5. transitmike1

transitmike1 Active Member

I don't have that update yet can any one confirm that they have or not have the update
  6. freesunshine

Is your phone stock? Not sure the OTA update will work on a custom ROM. If it's stock, have you gone into "System update"?
  7. Madroxide

I haven't got it yet either. But they usually roll out in waves so they don't bog down the network. We should see it within the week.
  8. freesunshine

So, I installed the update last night. Can't really tell what has been updated except the Baseband version went from FI22 to FL24.
  9. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

From what I understand that update Plugs the Exynos exploit. The Leaked ROM FL24 is an ICS ROM, so what you got was the changes to update from FI22 to FL24