Stock Vibrant is a total POS!

Last Updated:

1. thetube

thetube Member This Topic's Starter

I'm going to try and figure out how to root, re-ROM, and whatever else there is because this phone is a giant POS!

Bugs, lags, freezes, useless GPS, crummy battery life... This may be the most annoying gadget I've ever owned.

On the bright side, it has a terrific screen and watching Avatar on it is great.

Pretty stupid that you have to completely reprogram the thing to make it work right.

I'll repost positive comments once its working right... assuming I don't brick it.

Advertisement
    damewolf13 likes this.
  2. melll

melll Well-Known Member

If you're having ALL those issues, I would return it to the store for an exchange.

Its smooth and snappy on mine and I have over 50 apps/games installed.

All 7 home screens are filled up and plus way more on the Apps screens.

It could be an issue with just yours, maybe you got a lemon.

Seriously, exchange now, thats the least you can do.

3. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

I was gonna say.....mine works like a charm and i'm running rooted stock w/ lagfix. And even before I rooted mine and applied the lagfix, it still ran great.

4. melll

melll Well-Known Member

Mine is stock with no fixes applied to it, not even any Samsung firmware updates if available because the damn phone wont connect to KIES.

But its really good with no issues other than that. I know Samsung will come out with an updated KIES version that will work properly on Windows 7 64.

Just a matter of time. Other than that, no complaints. And when the official Froyo 2.2 comes out next month, this thing is gonna be rocking even more.

5. thetube

Maybe I did get a lemon :mad:

I'll try a new Rom and lag fix and if I still have issues, I'll flash to stock and take it back.

Good to hear I'm in the minority.

6. djquick

Sorry to hear about that if you actually did get a lemon. Head over to xda as Eugene is over there making roms and he's posting them here as well.

Good Luck!!

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Alot of oriole complain on the captivate also but for me I have no complains other then the gps. Like someone said, take it back and it should be better

8. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

you know something I don't know? from what I hear it's still all hear say and there has been no official date set yet.

9. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

Wasn't it confirmed for September along with GPS fix?

10. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

That's what I was asking. Not that I know of though...
    I know samsung posted something about the GPS issue on their twitter page a while back.

11. thetube

I finally got around to rooting and installing the lag fix and Holy Cow! It's amazing... fast, doesn't hang, battery lasts twice as long and most incredibly the GPS locks on to position in just seconds... I went from a Hater to a Lover overnight.

I highly recommend you root and update.

Still I think its a total drag that you have to do all this custom stuff to make the phone work.

12. melll

melll Well-Known Member

Tg
    I applied the one click lag fix root and it is indeed awesome.

13. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

and this lagfix does what? I got my phone yesterday and its smooth as butter, no hangs or lag or anything. gps connects in 8 - 10 seconds, all buttons work on the bottom.

So is it a fix for people who got a bad or defective phone?

14. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

I'm continually amazed when I hear of lagging, freezing, black screens. Take your phone in and exchange it. Mine has been fast from day one, no fixes, no rooting, just bone stock - I'm very satisified.

15. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

same here

16. djquick

The lag fix just makes it more responsive quickly. Honestly I just installed it to test it and see how much faster the phone responds but I really had no lag either to begin with. I just love to test out different mods and tweaks. I don't think waiting 2 or 3 seconds longer for an app to fully load or the market to load apps using stock really saves me a whole lot of time, but a lot of hobbyists and developers feel differently I guess.

17. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

You can go to the market and search for "one click lag fix" ...that will root the phone and fix the lag.

18. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Been reading mid to late Sept. Samsung has already sent the update to T-Mobile to distrubute.

19. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

Not to really throw mud here, but I have a friend who bought a brand new Jeep Rubicon to go off roading in the Rubicon with but it broke and then he had to dump another 8 grand into it just to do that. I mean it is a "Rubicon" that is meant to go through the Rubicon but it had issues on the dirt road getting into the park. One persons or companies idea of what makes something "great" or "perfect" may not meat everyones expectations. Just like updating your PC's OS because the old one had issues, or even hardware drivers at that. It is a way of life in the electronics world as well as other aspects.

But I am glad you did what you needed to to get it to work for you because the hardware is really bad arse.

20. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Well on the other hand Chevrolet came out with a Z06 Corvette in 2006. 505 HP (ha - it actually had closer to 535 at the crank, mine dynoed at 470 at the wheels) and 202 MPH top speed, 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and quarter mile at 11 seconds flat. (I never drag raced mine but have been to open track frequently) They advertised the car as being able to get you to work during the week and then out to the track on the weekends. Guess what? It worked! And it blew the doors off my previous track car, a heavily modded '03 Cobra Mustang. The Z06 is awesome on the road coarse, all I did was put some track tires on the car and I've run laps at 1:34 at WSIR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I happen to think that the Vibrant/Galaxy S is much more like the Z06 than the Rubicon.

21. park88

park88 Member

Thatn is a sick car!

22. kansas city_charger

kansas city_charger Member

Willow Springs!!!! I would love to take my Charger there.

23. Countbunny

Countbunny Member

OT: Nice C6!!! Next time I am out a Willow with my buddy Tony (silver EVO) highly modded. I will look to hello. I am restoring an old 86 C4 right now.

I am on my second Vibrant now and although it is better than the first I am bit disappointed in the overall day to day performance. It is a fun toy with great hardware and a awesome screen. For me maybe a mustang not a ZO6:)

24. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Cool! It's a blast - I love the big track. :cool: