• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock video player

breakshift

Dec 28, 2010
Hey guys, I just transferred a video from my computer to my DHD and tried to play it - didn't work. It's .avi, and although it's only 9 minutes long, its the best part of 2GB! This may be because it's a video I created through Adobe Premiere, but that's besides the point.

I'm wondering if the stock video player on the DHD is decent enough, or if 3rd party apps are better with the ability to playback more file formats etc.?

I've had my phone a few days now (advice - don't buy your first android phone with uni exams imminent!) and after tweaking it here and there I've found myself moving onto the media side of things - I've read that the music player is poor - so ideally I'd love an all-in-one app for both video and music.

So any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones