Stockish 2.2 for Hero?

Last Updated:

1. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am about to root my girlfriend's phone because it has just reached the point where its maddeningly slow. My first thing on the list was to search and destroy the bloatware but I was wondering if there was a good build of 2.2 that was as stock as possible (everything working and reliable) as she wouldnt be willing to put up with some of the bugs that are on some of the heavily customized roms. I am hoping that simply getting on an updated kernel with the new JIT compiler and V8 engine would make a big difference on the Hero alone.

Am i wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Right now, to my knowledge, the ONLY 2.2 ROM out for the Sprint Hero is CM6. CM6 is NOT stock at all (i.e. no "Sense" features).

3. archercc

Thanks, I may try it on this spare hero (my old phone before going to Evo) and see what she thinks. I guess if worse comes to worse I could install sense and make it the launcher (along with installing all of the other HTC apps that it relies on).

4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

If you are thinking of flashing the CM6, you will NOT be able to install any HTC apps onto the CM6 rom.
    As far as the launcher is concerned, CM6 comes stock with ADW, you can try launcherpro from the market if you would like

5. archercc

Weak. Is there a 2.1 Sense with an improved Kernel that would help performance a bit? Or maybe just stock and killing all of the bloatware that constantly wants to restart itself.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try Fresh 2.3.3 with a OC'ed kernel

7. archercc

Will do, thanks.