Stolen Droid

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MadHatter10, Sep 24, 2010.

1. MadHatter10

MadHatter10 New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Last friday my droid htc eris was stolen from my house, i had it turned off. I could care less about the phone, i can always get a new one i really want my sd micro card with just about every piece of my life on it. Is there anyway i can track or locate my phone...
    Open to all suggestions

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    VIP Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your phone! The carrier "should" be able to get a GPS fix on the phone (not exactly accurate but close) but typically won't do this unless someone hands them a court order. There are software packages that could be installed on the phone to allow you to do the same remotely but their legality is somewhat questionable and you can't easily do this without either posession of the phone and access to it via the carrier.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

Sorry about your situation.

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)

5. faber78

faber78 Guest

Where's My Droid - alienmanfc6
    sadly, but understandably; for this software to work, you must have had the gps turned on already as apparently applications arent allowed to turn on your gps themselves.

and obviously its to late this time anyway.

6. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    yeah i think the best way to determine where it is, is to determine who was in your house (unless it was a burglary in which case you have no way to know)