• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

caseyjones

Lurker
Jul 17, 2013
so i bought my LG motion a month and a half ago with the whole rebate deal. $50 rebate. i turned it in and got my confirmation e-mail that they have received it to be able to check on my rebate. i checked on it and it said that my ESN was a duplicate. so i talked to someone at metro pcs and they are saying "sorry but someone else has turned this esn in and it shows on their receipt". we went over and over 5 times repeating the ESN on my phone and she said it has been already used. she then said "sorry but your receipt does not show the IMEI number" and to contact customer service or the store i bought it from. is someone stealing ESNs? could it be the store i bought it from? so mad!!!

Yes still have box..will have to check in morning. I had ripped that part of the box off to make acopy of it though..soits the same number isn't it?
One thing i forgot to mention..this was the second agent i spoke to.the first one said its filed under Robert.Jacobsen. That's my last name. No idea who Robert is though..which is why im.suspecting its stolen..

Upvote 0
Ok so I figured it out, after calling 3 different numbers I was able to talk to someone in the rebate claims department, and not a damn recording. what happened was, my last 3 digits of my ESN is 992. Whoever entered my ESN info at metro, typed in 982 which was used by someone else..which is why it said duplicate. The guy I talked to was super awesome and entered the correct ESN so now I'll get my rebate! woo..i almost went to the store I bought it from and was going to raise hell! lol. thanks for the tips guys!

Reactions: sammyz and alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones