• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stolen nexus one

dmagno

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
Hi everyone,

My nexus one got stolen just this morning :(
Can somebody help me if there is another way to activate the gps remotely other than wavesecure, lookout, mobile defense, etc?? (Regretting i did not installed those kind of apps :()

Just now, i tried installing wave secure through market.android.com in the internet, but the phone has no mobile data plan and the wifi was turned off. Will the app be installed immediately when the thief turn on my wifi? In case it will be installed, can i use wavesecure immediately so i can activate the gps or it should be set-up first?

I'm so sad right now, I love my nexus one, its my first smartphone and the first phone I bought with my own money.. I also think its still one of the best android phone compared to the slew of new phones entering the market. I was thinking that I will never sell or give away my nexus one when the time comes I want to upgrade. And now it was stolen.. :(

Hoping for someone to respond in this thread. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones