• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stolen phone, oh noez!

airjordan223

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
Well here's the rundown. I've had my droid incredible1 since launch date, and the gf wanted a smartphone so the inc2 seemed like a good choice for her.

she ended up buying one on ebay (eek i know) for just over 200. Well the phone gets here, she goes to activate it, and verizon says its lost/stolen and they cant activate it.

she contacts the seller and he immediately refunds the money. she asks him for a shipping label and then she will send it out, no response. so the guy hasn't responded and we're stuck with this phone.

she got her money back, but verizon wont tell us the account it was on, so we cant, try atleast, to find the person who it belongs to.

long story short, is there anything we should do with it? basically now its just a small tablet, so any ideas?

Well here's the rundown. I've had my droid incredible1 since launch date, and the gf wanted a smartphone so the inc2 seemed like a good choice for her.

she ended up buying one on ebay (eek i know) for just over 200. Well the phone gets here, she goes to activate it, and verizon says its lost/stolen and they cant activate it.

she contacts the seller and he immediately refunds the money. she asks him for a shipping label and then she will send it out, no response. so the guy hasn't responded and we're stuck with this phone.

she got her money back, but verizon wont tell us the account it was on, so we cant, try atleast, to find the person who it belongs to.

long story short, is there anything we should do with it? basically now its just a small tablet, so any ideas?

Contact eBay directly. Have the seller info handy. Do you still have the box it came in? Email invoice? The return address has to be there somewhere. If so, just mail it back the cheapest way.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Yeah we have the address, but she doesn't want to pay for shipping (not the money but the principle)

He said it was new/unused, but then shipped it without a box, some random charger, and the phone had signs of use. He sold her a stolen item, no reason she should have to pay anything for him trying to sneak something over.

Upvote 0
Yeah we have the address, but she doesn't want to pay for shipping (not the money but the principle)

He said it was new/unused, but then shipped it without a box, some random charger, and the phone had signs of use. He sold her a stolen item, no reason she should have to pay anything for him trying to sneak something over.

Contact eBay, tell them the story. Maybe eBay will refund the shipping or force the seller to refund it. You really need to report this seller. Ebay will take of him. Better yet. Call Verizon and tell them you want to return a phone, and to send you a return shipping document, or just stop in at Verizon and get a shipping document. Mail it back to Verizon with a note, with the circumstances that your returning it. Ask for a copy of the shipping document (for your records).

You got your money back. Sometimes you can get a Inc 2 with a family plan cheap. Or just buy one.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones