• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stolen phone question

I'm getting the feeling that you don't want someone to have access to the information on your phone....if that is the case then I don't believe that an IMEI Bar will do the trick. There are applications such as SMobile Anti-Theft that allow you to remotely wipe your phone of all of its info. Butttt you have to have already had them installed on your phone.

Upvote 0
Blackberry's and windows mobile have remote wipe options when connected as enterprise users. Other phones dont.

IMEI barring blocks the serial number of the phone from logging onto the network. Depending on the country the bar only applies to you're network, the entire country, or a collection of western european countries. Some networks won't barr it.

Most UK networks will automatically barr the last phone your SIM was in if you report it stolen, unless told otherwise.

Upvote 0
Well I have officially lost my Galaxy. Gotta admit this really sucks. But hey, now I can wait for the Nexus or something to drop in value and get it. The damn provider wants 270$ for a re-newed phone... :(
At least I learned how to use adb and stuff..So long my little ginny pig phone *tear*..

PS
I don't really care about the info on my phone, I just changed my google account password so they can't access my stuff...And I really do hope they find the phone useless since in my country android phones aren't really popular (especially ones that don't have hebrew as the main language)..

Upvote 0
Probably a bit late now, but I've been playing with this recently.

https://www.wavesecure.com/wavesecure/Android.aspx

Seems good so far. I know that there's ways round it, but as a first line of defence I think it's a good idea. They're selling it on a subscription model, but early adopters get free a lifetime subscription (though it costs you the price of an international SMS to enable it, small price to pay I reckon).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones