Stoopid Question about contact searchesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mrootes

mrootes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, I came from a BB where all i had to do to send a text was to start typing the name on my keyboard and the contact came up. I am struggling at the QUICKEST way I can get a text to someone in my contact list. Is there an app, a shortcut - ANYTHING?

Advertisement
  2. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure more "experienced" people will come in and lend a hand but this is what I do. And I too, am coming from a BB, so I feel your pain.

I go into messages>>New message>>start typing the name>> click on it and there u go. So yes, WAAAAAY more steps than a bb, but u'll start zipping thru it in no time. I'm sure u can add widgets, etc, but for me, i text a lot of DIFFERENT ppl so to have me "choose" most commons would help but wouldn't help me with making ALL texting that quick and easy.

3. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Just set up your favorites on a seperate home screen. You can set up like 9 ppl and all u do is click their name and you can set it to be a text or call or whatever you want wen you click their name.

4. taylor6400

taylor6400 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i set my favs up to just show contact info then you can either click to send a text or call a # for that person. You can put more than 9 on it too...9 will fit on the main screen, but i have 12 and you can scroll.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Hit phone to make your dialer come up, start typing name, when the one you comes up hit the info button that's on the right of the entry and your options are there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk