Stop ads in games. (Some anyway!)Tips

Last Updated: 2011-10-18 09:18:07
  1. beardy

beardy Member

i noticed on my wildfire that Angry Birds was slow as hell mainly because of the ads on it, i then had my phone on airplane mode and wen i played angry birds there were no ads and it played just as good as on my mates Desire!!

Soo i recon this trick may work on most games with ads.
    (it didnt on Angry Birds Seasons game hads to connect to internet to work for some reason)

Anyhoo i hope this helps some1 play games un added!! lol

Advertisement
    mrhunter1984 and vosg like this.
  2. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, beardy! It works with Softick's Klondike game too.
  3. grazza86

grazza86 Member

thanks for that, angry birds plays a LOT better
  4. Ziemas

Ziemas Member

I've found that simply turning off the Internet connection (wi-fi or mobile) will get rid of ads in a lot of apps. You don't need to go into airplane mode, and you can still receive texts and calls.
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Good one. Those ads are being streamed to our devices, eating resources as we use the apps, games etc.

I have mixed feelings about it, though. I do want to optimize battery life, but free app developers need to sell ad space, too. So, if an app or game does not have a paid version, I'm thinking that maybe I can endure the banners. Those who actually click on the banner ads are "paying" the developer in a way. ;)
  6. ZxRishixZ

ZxRishixZ Well-Known Member

sweeet thanks for the tip
  7. Huzzy

Huzzy Active Member

Thanks mate, I had the same problem, I didnt know how to slove it so i just deleted angry bird, Sadly Ofcourse.
  8. nilanjan.gm

nilanjan.gm Member

Nice.
    For some apps and games, as Frisco mentioned that ads are streamed into our devices, if you keep your devices disconnected from internet, that will work as well. :)

But again, the developers are not benefited from that.
  9. sofiablak

sofiablak Well-Known Member

I've tried these things on my Wildfire but still games like Angry Birds Run slow only any more suggestions plz :(
  10. itdrummer

itdrummer New Member

While this is a simple fix, one should not have to disable their data connection to play a f****ng game without ads. I would be willing to pay a few dollars to play my games without ads. Why is this not an option?
  11. samrox144

samrox144 Disabled

download ad blocker app from market