• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop apps from shutting down?

c3lt

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
Since installing Froyo on my Galaxy S, I've noticed that it shuts down apps if I don't use them for a while. I am guessing this is a new feature to save battery life.

However, I want Spotify to be 'always on' so that wherever and whenever I am I can whip out my wireless bluetooth headphones, hit play, and hear my music straight away.

Currently, Spotify always shuts down after a few hours and I have to get out my phone, load Spotify (which takes ages) and then select the track or playlist I was listening to before.

Battery life isn't an issue for me, since I upgraded my battery to a 3500mah, and it lasts for ages now.

My question: Is it possible to stop my phone from automatically shutting down a specific app when it's not used for a few hours?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones