Stop apps starting!

Last Updated:

1. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry keep calling them apps, coming from an iphone you see!!

Anyway, there are apps that I'm not using (mail, footprints etc) that I'm not using - I use gmail - does that use the mail app? Is there any way to stop things running, seems a bit random that footprints would start for no reason!!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Bapp

Bapp Member

Task killer advanced on the market. It allows you to save previously killed programs and won't start them up unless you activate them or restart the handset.

3. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nice, thanks

Edit - I can find Advanced task killer - but It doesnt have the functionality to stop tasks starting.
    The icon is a small blue cross - is this the right app??

4. matt.raffel

matt.raffel New Member

I have the HCT Hero (from sprint), even advanced task manager doesn't seem to succesfully stop some applications. I can stop them, but they come back: peeps, footprints are two examples.

I do not want to uninstall the applications as I might want them. But I do not like that they run all the time even though I have not used them yet.

Is there any way to keep these from running until I explicitly invoke them?

5. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

Taskiller (note the spelling) works great at killing unwanted apps, although view do restart on boot, but no problem..
    There is a paid app called autostarts which allows you disable apps on startup. Taskiller is free........

6. matt.raffel

matt.raffel New Member

I'm wondering if the problem isn't so much about a "task killer" as much a function in the OS that keeps restarting them....

7. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

In that case you will have to uninstall them. I'm not sure how though. The OS prevents you from doing it by default. Search around the net, I'm sure theres a way.

8. Archon810

Archon810 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can't uninstall stock apps unless you root your phone. None of the task managers could do it.

9. Guardian Arias

Guardian Arias New Member

Correct you can't uninstall stock apps unless you are rooted. I am also looking for a solution for this issue im tired of uninstalling Google Play to keep it from running and reinstalling when i need it I would love to have an app run when "I" call it or even stop some processes of an app from ever running all together such as a PC can.