Stop dolalr sign spacingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jvcjbl

jvcjbl Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed this problem for quite some time with android. When I am writing a message for example : The price is $350 android automatically makes the sentence format as: The price is$ 350.... then I have to go back and space the $ sign away from the previous letter and then delete the space between the $ sign and the following number. How can I fix this as this is a HUGE annoyance?

Advertisement
  2. jvcjbl

Figured it out.... disabled auto-punctuate

jp41 likes this.
  3. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

I turned off auto puntuate as you stated but I still have the same issue with it

4. tannere

I turned off auto punctuate as you stated but I still have the same issue with it

5. jvcjbl

Mine was working fine then now it stopped... back to original issue again... What gives?

6. YooserNaem

YooserNaem Member

I have the same problem.

7. tannere

Ya, back when i first got the DX, I noticed this and messaged Motorola. I explained it very detailed on what was going on. Their response, "The symbols automatically space after placing it"
    I was like WTF, that doesn't explain anything or address the issue. I had even given them examples of what it does (I gave him$ 40 VS. I gave him $40......he said," I'll buy it" VS he said, "I'll buy it")
    So hopefully you noticed it does it for quotes too, not just the dollar sign

Not sure how some of these simplistic features slip through their finger......P.S. anyone find it odd/annoying that most phones show emoticons in texts instead of symbols except the DX? What's more funny is they add the droid smiley emoticons in the text options, but still doesn't show it in the actual text

8. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I have the same issue, this and the duplicate text message are extremely annoying.

9. tannere

I noticed duplicate messages usually happen if whoever is sending the message gets something in at the same time they are sending one.......Only way I figured this out, is people would always tell me I sent a message like 2-5 times. The only times I noticed they'd tell me that is when i went to send a message and got one in at the same time. So I only assumed that's what it is

10. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

the punctuation is rather annoying....it does it with dollar signs, and quotation marks....its one of my biggest gripes....the X is my first android phone so idk if its android or the X....

having the phone auto format to

It cost me$ 400

instead of

It cost me $400

or

She said" I like that"

instead of

She said "I like that"

ugh...annoying....