Stop Firefox from playing MP3s

1. psycoking

psycoking Member

I use Firefox Mobile to download podcasts onto my Samsung Galaxy SIII (Verizon). Usually, I just click on the link for the MP3 file and Firefox downloads it. A few days ago this behavior changed. Now when I click on a link to an MP3 file in Firefox, Firefox plays the MP3 in an internal player. I usually download podcasts ahead of time so that I can listen to them later during my commute home, so this behavior is very annoying.

This seems to be a Firefox only problem, as the stock Android/TouchWiz browser is unaffected and still lets me download MP3s. Does anybody know how I can disable this functionality in Firefox?

Advertisement
    :
  2. aysiu

aysiu Well-Known Member

I was frustrated by the same thing and had to use Dolphin to do it.
  3. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to using FF mobile when my Nexus 4 arrives, but in desktop FF: Edit -> Preferences -> Applications, column:"Content Type" is "MP3 Audio", column:"Action" select pull-down "Save File".

As I say that's desktop FF, but it might hopefully steer you towards the Application Preferences in the mobile version.
  4. aysiu

aysiu Well-Known Member

The preferences options in Android and desktop are different, unfortunately.