Support Stop getting email?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BeastMD, Nov 21, 2010.

1. BeastMD

BeastMD Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I for some reason continually stop getting email pushes, rebooting the phone usually worked but so far has not this time... Any ideas?

I searched the forum, but only came upon one post with no answers. :)

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Did you uninstall your task killer?

3. BeastMD

Feb 11, 2010
    I have one installed but I dont use it for automated task killing, and unless I am actually using it it does not run.

4. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    There is a peak hours schedule in the Settings-->Battery Manager-->Battery Mode-->Presets section that turns off push email during preset times of the day. You could try creating a custom profile that doesn't turn off push email at night. That's something to check.

That said, I had problems with my work exchange account not syncing and my yahoo imap account not syncing... they would just stop working and I'd have to reboot. There's a long thread over in the motorola support forum about this issue.

If this sounds like your problem here's the solutions I've found:
    -Verizon was giving out licenses to an alternate email client called touchdown. You could stop into a verizon store to see if they are still doing that.
    -There's a free app called "Improved Email" that I'm using. It's not perfect but it's been far better then the stock app for me.

5. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    MOTOROLA was giving out Touchdown licenses, not Verizon. And, sorry to say, they are not doing that anymore (it was due to a notification issue with the blur exchange client under 2.1). That said, even at $20, I think Nitro Desk Touchdown is worth the money. It's a really nice corporate exchange application. For me, it's worth it just for the fact that I don't have to key in a PIN every time I unlock the phone (my IT department forces the PIN). With Touchdown, I only have to enter the PIN when I start the Touchdown application.

6. BeastMD

Feb 11, 2010
    I was just rebooting the phone to try to get it back, but that wasnt working. Then I tried a battery pull and it started working. I don't know what the difference between turning it off and pulling the battery is but....

7. westside

westside Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I have a similar problem. I've changed my presets but it still seems like I have to toggle wi-fi to get either wi-fi or 3G to pull in email.