Stop google maps from launching itself?Support

1. Tmart

Tmart Well-Known Member

My incredible keeps launching google maps on it's own. I will kill it will ATK and it will stay killed for a while but sometime between 15min to 45 min later it will have launched itself again. Has anyone found a way to stop this?

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

What do you mean by it launches itself? You'll be minding your own business and look at the phone and GMaps will be on the screen? Or you're looking through ATK and see it keep popping up?
  3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Make sure that you are signed out of Latitude.
  4. Tmart

Tmart Well-Known Member

Popping up on ATK. It's weird though, last week I never saw it running and this week it just wants to run. I haven't actually launched google maps on this phone yet since I haven't needed it in the 11 days I've had it. If it is not using any battery I guess I don't mind but I feel like it's launching itself for a reason and is probably doing something in the background.
  5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Any number of things might call on Google maps in the background for info (like apps you're using).

Get rid of ATK, first of all. Get System Panel. Only kill things that are using up your battery excessively (System Panel will help you figure that out). If something is in the "Inactive" area, that means they are not running or using any power at all and are simply cached in memory. No need to worry about those.

Having ATK is probably doing you more harm than good. See the thread below if you're unsure:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/128610-app-killer-abusing-my-battery.html