Stop / Prevent Android UpdateSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-08 00:36:00
  1. newton2ii

newton2ii New Member

Hello,

I have two Nexus S gt-i9020t. In Toronto with Wind Mobile.

One has Android 2.3 and the other has Android 4.03
    Neither is rooted and has never been, I don't know how to do that stuff.

Both phones are now asking to update to Android 4.04 But I do not want to update either phone. There is a system notification that keeps appearing that asks me to update. How do I get rid of this and stop the update? There is no option to cancel or not do it, there is simply, install later, install now.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

The only way I know of on an android phone is to root and block the upgrader app in the system files. Atleast that is how it is on my motorola android devices.

I've heard that if you keep denying the update, it will quit trying to update. But I don't know if that's true or not.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

For your Samsung device, I'm not sure. On HTC devices, there is an option under "About Phone" to turn off notifications. If that doesn't exist, then Satires' method is the only method I know of, as well.
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hi newton2ii. :ciao:

Welcome aboard. Just to let you know that I moved your thread to get it some more responses.
  5. newton2ii

newton2ii New Member

Appreciate all the responses guys and the thread move :)

I've checked about phone but there is only the option to manually check for an update.
    I've been denying the update since it's been out and it's still appearing so I don't think that it's the solution to just keep rejecting it.

And I don't know how to root the phone either, I've looked at some guides but they are all very complicated for me.

Appreciate the insights.
  6. grahamwesson

grahamwesson New Member

Am interested in the responses, but not sure where you have moved the thread to