Stop showing apps when press home key to unlock phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. hendrikbez

hendrikbez Active Member

When I press home key to unlock my S4, it then show recent apps that I used before, and the it goes to unlock or just open. How can I make it that it does not show the recent apps I were using before, when I press home button

2. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

I've never heard of that. Are you using a 3rd party launcher?
  3. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

are you pressing and holding your home button? or just a quick press/release?

Press and hold is supposed to bring up recent apps
  4. Roll-Tide

But from the lock screen?
  5. Asphaltcowboy

Asphaltcowboy Active Member

If you hold the home button down for more than a split second, it will pull up all your previously viewed apps with the option to clear them or go to the task manager. If you tap the home button quickly, it will just take you back to the home screen.
  6. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

On pin/password protected phones, you are right - it shouldn't. But from the op's post, it almost sounds like there is no pin/password. I don't know how the S4 behaves without a pin/password. I can try later today to see
  7. Roll-Tide

Again, if I understand the op correctly he's talking about from the unlock screen.... Not from the home screen
  8. Roll-Tide

It does absolutely nothing if you hold down the home button on the lock screen...
  9. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

@op - are you on a custom ROM? As Roll-Tide said, that shouldn't happen from the lock screen.
  10. hendrikbez

hendrikbez Active Member

Yes I am on the 4.22 normal galaxy S4 frimware (Rom). I am usring go Locker to lock phone, when I lock the phone, and want to press home button to unlock phone (just press it for less than a second) it brings up the recent apps.
  11. Roll-Tide

Sounds like something with go locker then and not the phone
  12. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Agreed, try disabling or uninstalling Go Locker to see if the problem goes away.
    I'm on a custom ROM with a 3rd party browser and it doesn't work that way for me either, and I'm reasonably sure I never saw that on the stock ROM.
  13. CAdams

CAdams Member

I have a problem like that but no matter what I'm doing if I want to hit the home button to go to my home screen it always pulls up my recent apps and I'm not holding the home button either.