Stop Syncing with Google ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ahenobarb

ahenobarb Member This Topic's Starter

How do I stop My Samsung Galaxy S from syncing my Google "contacts"? These aren't really even contacts, just a random collection of fools I've received emails from or sent to at one point.

Like the lady at the front desk of a hotel I stayed at 7 years ago who emailed me a confirmation. Sheesh! Can't I sever connection with this person for good?

How do I turn this madness off?

Advertisement
  2. hit contacts => menu => display options => tick 'Only contacts with phones'

sorted

3. ahenobarb

ahenobarb Member This Topic's Starter

:) Ah, serenity now!

4. johan45333333

johan45333333 New Member

That works indeed fine for the normal contact directory, however if you start a new message and you click the contact button there, you still see all these email adresses appear from the previous gmail link. So my question is, how do I delete the gmail contacts from my messages contact list (not the phone list, this one is fine)?
    Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

5. luckystar23

luckystar23 New Member

Hi johan45333333 did you ever work out how to stop this? I now have this problem too - my contacts list is as I want it (showing only the contacts I want it to) but when I go into contacts via messaging it shows all of my contacts - including facebook contacts - which I dont want it to. It also brings up two copies of the same mobile number for each contact in messaging. Anybody work out how to fix this? :confused:

6. jvik

jvik New Member

+1 for that. This seriously pisses me off. I'll have to stop using Google Contact sync.