1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

Stop text alert for voicemail. (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since upgrading to 2.1, I've been receiving a text alert for every voicemail I get. I've black listed these messages in the past. Since the update, the text alert comes from the individual. If I black list it, I don't get any text from that person.

What's the workaround? Am I the only one seeing this behavior? I haven't seen any threads on this topic.

That probably means I'm missing something obvious.

Advertisement
  2. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

go to Settings>Call>Voicemail Service>My Carrier (enter cell number )

3. nathanotis

I really had high hopes for this, but I tested and I still get text notifications. They're coming from handcent if it matters. I can't find any setting that will stop this.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

stock message app works great :D

5. nathanotis

Hmm, I'd miss some of the customization in handcent, but maybe you're right... Time to dust off the stocker.

6. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

I stopped using Handcent a while back ago and been using stock app .

7. muzz3256

muzz3256 Member

This is the primary reason that I went back to Fresh 1.1

No mater what I did, I was still getting the text saying that I had voicemail, so I removed Handcent. Low and behold, about 2 days later, I started getting them again with the stock app. I tried everything, Wipe, install, test, fail. I even RUU'd at one point, re-rooted, then flashed 2.1, but to no avail. I haven't been able to eliminate this problem yet, so I've gone back to fresh 1.1.

I've also been having problems in the 2.1 ROM's with the Facebook sync. I'll sync and then I'll tell my contacts list that I only want to see Google contacts, but when I go to use the dialer or send a text message, it starts pulling my Facebook contacts, and I have accidentally called several people that I haven't talked to in years, and thats getting rather annoying.

8. lunatech

lunatech Active Member

From what I read over at XDA on the thread about fresh 2.0d, this is a handcent issue. My wife and I both have this problem. Going back to stock and uninstalling handcent takes care of it. Here is a link to the post with a better explanation ---> [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix - Page 182 - xda-developers
    It's post #1816 by dametzg. This should explain what is happening. I just went back to the stock message app and uninstalled handcent on my wife's phone and the problem is gone. I'm keeping handcent on mine to see if/when they get it fixed.

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

I do remember that now. I remember Handcent fixing it shortly afterward. Answers my questions.

10. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

i have the same issue.. and i was told to black list.. and then i started not getting text.. and realized that was the issue..

it dont bother me much.. as i dont get many phone calls.. so..